Friday 5 February 2016

Butterflies and Candy Floss

Some moments in life are dull and boring. They are completely grey and nothing can be done to give them colour. These are the days that have to be “dealt with”. We have to grit our teeth and get on with it. It’s the only thing we can do.

But there are other moments - moments that shine as bright as possible and sing as loud as they can. They are rainbows and dandelions - butterflies and candy floss. These are the moments that make us alive; they let us feel the buzz of the world in our innards and see the light of life in our eyes. We sparkle and glitter in even the dullest light and smile until we can’t smile anymore, but, even then, we still smile harder.

I love those days in which I feel that I can fly; I’m ready to take off any second. I’m on top of the world and confident in everything I do.

In these moments I am royal blue; I am magenta and orange; I’m peach and lime green. I am brighter than the stars and I see no darkness. For what is darkness, except the every day and the ordinary?






----------------------

"What is this?!" I hear you ask. "A Friday post that isn't a 5 Friday post? What?" This week I have been really busy as I've been playing in the pit band in my school's production of West Side Story. It's been a week full of rehearsals, getting ready for shows and the actual shows themselves! Although it's been a great week, it has drained me of a lot of energy which meant that I couldn't write in the little time I had. A post on the show will be up on Monday!  If you're reading this at any point from 7pm GMT then the last show will be going on!

Also, this is my 100th post on Another Ranting Reader - woop woop!









No comments

Post a Comment