Wednesday 16 March 2016

Liebster Award

So last week I was nominated for the Liebster award nominated by Tiffany (giventheworld.blogspot.co.uk) and Kate (katey-adventures.blogspot.co.uk). Thank you girls - it means a lot! You should go and have a look at their blogs if you haven't already.

 As I've been nominated twice, I'm going to answer both sets of questions - some of them were the same, so if they were I have indicated with the numbering!


Liebster Award Rules:



Mention the person who nominated you
Answer the eleven questions this person gave you
Come up with eleven questions yourself
Nominate eleven bloggers
Let them know about the nomination

1.What's the one place you really want to travel to?


Paris, Edinburgh, somewhere really cool in Asia.

2/2. What's your favourite book you've ever read?


It’s a toss up between the Harry Potter series and Pride and Prejudice. I just love them both so much!!


3/11. What's your favourite blog post that you've written? (Provide a link!)


I love one of my most recent ones Why We Need To Talk About Our Periods and also I’m really proud of Look Into My Eyes.

4. Do people ever mistake you for being younger or older than you actually are?


I’ve had both. When I was in Year 9 (so 2 years ago) someone asked me if I was leaving for university. A 14 year old being mistaken for an 18 year old? Really? Yeah, that confused me a lot. Most of the time people think I’m younger than I am, which is good because it means that I can get away with child prices if I’m not wearing make-up!

5. What's your biggest pet peeve?


Stickers on books and volume on the TV not ending on an even number/5.

6. What's your go-to outfit at the moment?


A turtle neck top with either my black jeans or my black denim skirt with my Doc Martin’s boots and probably my red beads.



7. Share with us a blogger you've recently discovered and are really liking?


Hannah whole blogs at hannahemilylane.com - love her blog so much!

8. Coffee or Tea?


Tea. All the way!

9. Are you more of a morning or evening person?


Traditionally I’ve been an evening person, but lately I’ve become better in the mornings and have gotten up earlier to make better use of my time. It’s actually been great for me in many aspects, but I still love writing when everything’s dark. 

10. If you could meet anyone and spend a day with them, who would it be?


Carrie Hope Fletcher. I’ve followed her for years and she’s honestly one of my favourite people in the world. I’d be happy just to spend a minute with her, let alone a day.

Credit

11/11. What's your favourite (3) songs at the moment?


Us by Regina Spektor, I’ve just discovered her as this song was on the 500 days of Summer soundtrack but I love loads of her other stuff as well, I just haven’t known those songs long enough to distinguish a firm favourite. Friday I’m in Love by The Cure, which long time readers will already know, and How Long Will I Love You? (but the Jon Boden, Sam Sweeney and Ben Coleman version from About Time).

2.  How did you come up with your blog name?


It’s not a very imaginative story. I was thinking of starting a blog and had to come up with a name. I brainstormed with some friends mine for ages then Another Ranting Reader came into my head. I like ranting, I like reading, I am also a big fan of alliteration, so I used it.

3. What is your dream career?


Just to be able to make a proper living from writing. Preferably if I could have some books published that’d be great.

4. Favourite place you have visited?


This changes whenever I go somewhere new. So right now that’d be Nice in France. But I also love Lake Garda, London and the Italian Alps!

6. Describe yourself with 3 words.


Positive, bookish, determined.

7. What is your biggest fear?


Not making an impact on the world, drowning, giving birth and being replaced. Yeah.

8. Name 3 people you would love to meet.


(Apart from Carrie who I mentioned earlier) Lucy Moon, Dodie Clark and Hannah Witton. Yeah, there are more people I’d love to meet but these girls make me smile a lot so that’d be great. I feel like if I met someone like J.K. Rowling, who’s been a huge influence in my life, then I’d probably just end up crying and not be able to get any actual words out.

Hannah Witton's picture

9. Favourite TV series?


At the moment, it’s Agent Carter! I’m obsessed and if Sousa and Peggy don’t end up together by the end of the series I will write in to the scriptwriters and complain.

found at 'Credit'

10. Have you learned anything from blogging? If so, what?


That some things are worth juggling. I can write better than I thought I could and that, most of the time, people in general are lovely and supportive!

Here are the lovely people I’m nominating, make sure to go and check out all of their blogs (sorry if you’ve already got the award!):

Amanda (The Amanda Way)
Amber (Amber Love)
El (ZEKALIN)
Charlotte (written by a girl)
Alice (Girl Abroad)
(More Mindful You) (Sorry I don't know you're actual name!)
And here are my 11 questions for you guys to answer!

  1. What started you blogging?
  2. What’s your favourite creative outlet?
  3. Favourite school subject and why?
  4. Book you feel most sentimental about?
  5. What’s your favourite flavour of ice-cream?
  6. Any blog recommendations?
  7. What’s your lucky number?
  8. What’s the film that has most resonated with you?
  9. Do you have a positive catchphrase that you say to get you up when you’re feeling down?
  10. Hogwarts house?
  11. Go-to tea bag?


Thank you again to Kate and Tiffany for the nomination! I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s answers to my questions!

Jemima x


Follow


If you liked this post you might like: The Tea Tag




No comments

Post a Comment