Monday 26 September 2016

Bloggers Recognition Award

This isn’t a normal post, but it made me really happy when I was nominated for the Bloggers Recognition Award, so thank you so much to Harriet from HarieeScribbles for nominating me! Everyone should go over to her blog, she’s lovely!

Okay, here are the rules:

   1.     Write a post to show your award
   2.     Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
   3.  Give a brief story of why you started blogging
   4.   Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
   5.  Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award

Credit


I started blogging back in May 2015, in order to share my writing in a space that I had complete control over. Before I had my blog, so much of the pieces I had written were either hidden away in a folder on my computer or stuffed in the back of a cupboard in a breaking notebook I’ve probably owned for years. I had poems, short descriptive pieces and general opinions that I wanted to get out there for people to read and discuss with me. I don’t know about you, but I can’t think of a better place to do that.

Seeing as I’ve been blogging for nearly a year and a half now, I think it’s safe to say that I’m not a newbie blogger anymore. If you want some more detailed advice on blogging from me, I actually wrote a post a few months ago where I go into more depth than I will here.

First of all, don’t stress about uploading loads. Quality doesn’t always overcome quantity in the blogosphere in terms of views, however, if you want your readers to keep coming back, quality wins every time. Don’t worry about not sticking to a schedule too tightly. If you can get the post published for then, great – if not, it’s not that big a deal. Most likely, your readers will understand that your personal life and other commitments have to be prioritised over your blog a lot of the time. It’s just how it is. Post when you want and don’t get n too much of a fuss about not uploading.

Blogger envy is also something that every blogger will experience at some point or another. My solution to it? There is none. There is always going to be someone with a better layout than you, more followers than you, seemingly better content than you and who takes better photography. That doesn’t mean, though, that your blog matters any less than theirs does. No one started out with a perfect blog, and no one ever gets a perfect blog. Just keep working on your blog and try not to think too much about others’.

Here are my nominations! I hope you check out all of theirs and love them as much as I do:

  1.  Katieswaytohappy
  2.  A Fabulous Feminist
  3.  Sara’s Chapters
  4.  Thrifty Vintage Fashion
  5.  Whitney Loren
  6.  Love, Tiffany
  7. Nerd Word Blog
  8.  The Amanda Way
  9.  Keep Calm and Start Writing
  10.  Through Our Eyes
  11.  Shy Life Living
  12.  Georgie Blue
  13. Hope Talks About Everything
  14.   Explore, Refresh
  15.  Emma Lowther



If you liked this post you might like: Liebster Award

No comments

Post a Comment