Friday 16 December 2016

5 Books I'll Be Reading This Holidays

Since I’ve been in college, I haven’t been reading as much as I would like. So, the Christmas holidays are the perfect opportunity to binge read and catch up on loads of books on my ever-growing TBR pile.


1. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Screenplay by J.K. Rowling


Okay, I’m already half way through this, but I want to finish it before the end of the year. I loved the film so much and am really enjoying finding little extras in the screenplay that I didn’t notice the first time I watched it. I’m also using this as research into other types of writing so that I can expand what I create in the future.

2. Emotions of a Book by Guido Parisi


I received this in the post about 2 weeks ago and I have to say it looks SO interesting. Once I've finished it I'll probably publish a review, so keep your eyes open!

3. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


I have been borrowing this book for nearly a year and I haven’t got around to reading it yet. I’ve been wanting to read it for ages, as I know loads of people have raved about it. Hopefully, it’s as good as it sounds!

4. The Victoria Letters by Helen Rappaport


If you’ve read some of my recent Monthly Wrap Ups, then you’ll know that I was slightly obsessed with the TV show, Victoria. The only thing I didn’t like about it, was its many historical inaccuracies. When I saw there was a book released all about the actual history of Victoria, written by a historian I had liked from seeing in various documentaries, I was very excited. Honestly, can’t wait to read this!

5. On Writing by Stephen King


I spotted this in Foyles during my visit to London in July, however, I didn’t buy it then as I managed to restrain myself from spending too much money. After my birthday, though, I was able to buy it from Waterstones as I had some vouchers that were desperate to be spent! As a writer wanting to better the art she creates, I hope this will be both entertaining and helpful.

What are you reading over the holidays?


Jemima x



If you liked this post you might like: Books I've Read This Summer

No comments

Post a Comment