Wednesday 29 March 2017

March 2017 | Monthly Wrap Up

Not gonna lie, I’ve kind of lost track of March a little bit, but I’m rolling with it.

Favourite part?


I’ve had a few good days this month. On the 5th, a group of my friends and I travelled up to London and took part in the March4Women organised by the amazing team at CARE International, who you should definitely look up if you don’t know about the work they do. It was an incredible day, one that I know I’ll never forget. Thank you to everyone for making my first march so special.


I went back up to London a week or so later with my college on a Classics trip to the British Museum. It was so much fun to just explore the Museum and to even have some time to ourselves to spend in the surrounding area.




I love London and it was harrowing seeing a place I love being attacked and harmed a week after I’d been there. My heart goes out to all those who were affected by the terror attack, but I have to say my heart has been lifted by the unified response that came so soon afterwards, from all areas.

Best read?


This month, I’ve been reading the Mabinogion, a collection of Welsh myths, fairytales and folklore. It has been quite difficult to get through, and therefore quite a slow read, due to the archaic style of language and its nature as a piece traditionally passed down by oral tradition. It’s a fun read despite its difficulties and the many problems that will come with probably every ancient text you can find (racism, sexism and all that jazz).

Favourite tunes?


Okay, so two soundtracks have been in my head almost constantly this month: La La Land and Beauty and the Beast. Be Our Guest is all I can say.

Credit

Apart from the soundtracks, can I just say how much I love Ed Sheeran’s new album? The variety on it means that I absolutely adore some of the songs (read Nancy Mulligan, Galway Girl, What Do I Know?, etc.) and whilst there are others that, let’s say, I don’t like so much (Eraser, Save Myself (the latter I find a little bit boring melody wise)). But I have to say I have been slightly obsessed with this album once I started listening to it and haven’t really stopped since.

What did I learn?


That I actually can fit more revision into my timetable. But that I need to lay back at times as well.

What’s happening next month?


What is happening in April? Hopefully, some projects I’ve been working on with my friends should become actual things next month, so keep an eye out!

What’s been on my mind?


The future. I’ve done a lot of planning and research into university, Extended Project which I’ll be starting in a few months, and then my exams which I’m starting to properly revise for now.

Favourite blogger/vlogger?


Leena Norms has been doing 40 Days of Questions for Lent this year, where she answers questions put to her by her audience. I love Leena’s videos in an ordinary month, but I love having new content of hers so often.

Credit

Favourite post?


Whilst they haven’t necessarily been getting any more views, I loved writing more posts on politics, including my International Women’s Day post about the march I attended. I also loved writing about a book I was sent by the lovely folks at Troubador Publishing: Emotions of a Book by Guido Parisi.


Biggest inspiration?


I honestly don’t even know. The thought of life after college and wanting to make all my projects happen and be actual real life things.

Any other favourites?


Beauty and the Beast!! I love how much more feminist it is and the amount of thought that went into every detail and the new songs and all the nods to the animated film and ugh! The only thing I don't like is the autotune on Emma Watson's voice, but that's less noticeable when actually watching the film I found. 

Does This Is Us still count? I know I mention it all the time but I'm so obsessed. It’s nearing the end of the series and oh my god I just love it more with every episode when I didn’t even think I was capable of loving it anymore. A post on my love for this show should hopefully be published on Friday if I can get my act together and actually write it on time.




If you liked this post you might like: February 2017 | Monthly Wrap Up

No comments

Post a Comment